Monday, December 13, 2010

Womanity

This name of this perfume is a cross between woman, humanity and/or femininity.  At first, I wasn’t sure what the fragrance was trying to promote exactly.  When I checked out their website, the first page I was directed to (where I chose my country) had an interesting message.  It says, “womanity is… different for everyone one of us, every day, every mood, every place we’re from”.  This is a positive advertisement, saying that there is no definition of who a woman is or how she should behave, which leads to individual choices and non-conformity.  My biggest problem with this ad is that as it promotes individuality, it says a specific product is necessary to attain that ideal (which contradicts the positive message).  This ad was in a recent copy of Cosmopolitan magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment